It’s not a secret that we randomly keep our hands clean. If washing hands are essential, cleaning watches are essential too. So, we must clean our watches regularly as it becomes a part of our hands.
The watch is an essential thing that we need in our daily life. The washing methods of watches will be diverse according to the type of watch. We want to recommend you the water resistance watch, which comes with metal bracelets and cases. Below, we will discuss how to clean watches.
- How to Clean Watches?
- Warnings before Cleaning Watches!
- How to Clean Stainless Steel Watch
- How to Clean a Wooden Watch
- How to Clean a Watch Made of Gold
- How to Clean Silicone Rubber Watch
- 1.Can I clean a watch without water?
- 2. How often should I wash my watch?
- 3. Can I use alcohol for cleaning the watch?
- Bottom Line
How to Clean Watches?
I know some people who love watches and spend almost hundreds and thousands of dollars on a wristwatch. So, this is a must to take special care of those watches.
Warnings before Cleaning Watches!
Before starting the cleaning process of the watches, know about your watch. Means watches can be made of thousands of different types of metal, and each of them requires extra care.
Always try to wash the watches with warm water and mild detergent. Never try to wash it the hard way; give it time, continue the process slowly, and dry it properly.
How to Clean Stainless Steel Watch
Our modern life is wholly incomplete without a smartwatch; it becomes a part of our daily life. The best one is the gmt watch under 500 that is undoubtedly amazing. You can try this one.
Firstly we will know about the cleaning methods of stainless steel watches. Watches made of stainless steel can be scratched more than other metal. It is a susceptible metal. The polished glow of stainless steel begins to dull early.
Things you will need
- Clean, soft cloth
- A whole bowl of boiled water
- Clean brushes for scrubbing
Step 1: With the help of a soft dry cloth, wipe down the watch with your soft hand.
Step 2: Take some warm water in a bowl and dip the watch into the water.
Step 3: Scrub the watch with a used clean toothbrush. Don’t scrub with a heavy hand; it can create ugly scratches.
Step 3: Again dip the watch into the water
Step 4: Finally, dry it with a soft cloth or towel. And you are done.
How to Clean a Wooden Watch
For keeping your precious wooden watch clean like the first day, you have to take care of it like a newborn baby. First, we suggest replacing the battery every ½ years. Then, clean your precious wooden watch in three-step.
Washing the wood
For cleaning the wood case:
- Take one tablespoon of olive oil and one tablespoon of Lemon juice; mix them well.
- Apply the mixer in the case with a soft cloth with a gentle hand.
- Once the process is done, wipe the extra with a cotton cloth.
Cleaning the leather strap
Make sure you have already removed the strap from the case:
- Wipe the strap carefully
- Gently scrub the areas which look dirtier.
- While the scrubbing process is done, please take a few drops of dishwashing soap and apply them to the strap.
- Then Dry the watch entirely and set the exact time.
How to Clean a Watch Made of Gold
There are also various Gold watches; they can be solid gold with different carats, and each one has another way to clean.
Things you will need
- Lukewarm water
- Dish soap
- Cotton cloth
- Take 3 cups of lukewarm water and two tablespoons of mild dish soap and create a mix with those ingredients. Make sure the soap is without any dyes or perfumes.
- Take a used toothbrush and scrub the watch with soft hands.
- Now for removing the soapy residue, dip the watch into the normal water.
- Wipe the extra water with a soft cotton cloth and let it air dry overnight.
How to Clean Silicone Rubber Watch
If you are using a silicone rubber watch, you can wash it every week. After every wash, the watch will look brand new. So let me know the washing process of silicone rubber watches.
Things you will need
- One clean bowl with warm water
- Dishwashing soap
- Soft bristle toothbrush
- Baking soda
- Cotton cloth
- First, you need to pour a few drops of dish soap into the bowl filled with warm water. Take a cloth which you need to dip into the water and rub the strap of the watch. If you want, you can remove the belt from the watch to complete the task comfortably.
- Now remove the strap from the soapy water and scrub with the toothbrush gently.
- If the band has any spots or stains, use baking soda. Take a pinch of baking soda with the toothbrush and scrub the stained area for a while.
- Wipe the watch with a cotton cloth and let it dry. Please make sure the bands dry well before using them again.
1.Can I clean a watch without water?
Yes, you can. Use a soft-bristled toothbrush and rub the watch gently. When the scrubbing process is done, wipe the watch with a dry cotton cloth.
2. How often should I wash my watch?
It depends on what metal the watch is made of. When it is made of stainless steel or gold or silver, clean the watch once a month, and if it is plastic or silicone rubber, you can wash it every week.
3. Can I use alcohol for cleaning the watch?
Well, you can use alcohol after cleaning the watch. Take a few drops of alcohol in a cotton ball and press on the watch. Then, you can use alcohol as a cleaning solution.
Some watches require a lot of care. Otherwise, their novelty will be lost soon, and some watches do perfectly well even with a bit of care. So, you should know the proper usage of your watch first. Then learn how to clean watches.
For your convenience, we try to discuss four types of watches and how to clean them. You don’t have to follow others’ watch cleaning rules; know your watch correctly and make your own rules.